Acupuncture is an incredible treatment for anxiety. According to Chinese medical theory, anxiety blocks the free flow of energy through our body. This is thought to be a cause of muscle pain in areas such as the back and neck where energy is being blocked. Other areas negatively impacted by blocked energy may include digestion, blood pressure and your ability to get a good night’s sleep.
Acupuncture for anxiety involves placing needles in certain body points. These body points or pressure points can be located at specific parts all over a person’s body. By accessing them, it allows the blocked energy from the passageways to open up. If these passageways are blocked, other parts of the body may be affected as well that causes stress. Stress on the other hand, attacks the body that causes muscles to tense up, blood pressure to rise and other physical symptoms can arise.
Acupuncture treatment takes one or two sessions. Sometimes, however, a treatment is required for a few months. The duration of a treatment differs upon the difficulty of the patterns of imbalance. Nutrients, herbs and vitamins are a great supplement to acupuncture in balancing and nourishing the body.
Benefits of Acupuncture for Anxiety
- It addresses the imbalances in the body.
- It also prevents the diseases that may arise caused by anxiety and stress.
- It heals the imbalances of the heart and the kidney. It aims to harmonize the imbalances in the body and soothe the excessive heat in the heart.
- It can immediately help the patient to feel better compared to pharmaceutical interventions that takes hours or days to relieve anxiety
- It also aims to treat physical health problems cause by anxiety attacks such as chest pain, shortness of breath, increased heart rate, nausea, and headache.
- It can also help relax muscles without prescriptive medication, improve blood circulation, lower your heart rate and blood pressure